Friday, May 25, 2012

Questions and answers

 
When someone is a little child is normal to feel curiosity about some topics and create a lot of possible answers. I wasn't an exception so I always made some questions (And now I'm still asking, about other topics but always having the curiosity, no matter if I'm bothering like a fly). With all my questions I had some crazy theories which still make people laugh when I say them.

For example, when I was little, I always saw a lot of girls on an school bus. The teacher notified them when the bus approaches and she always talked to the driver so, in my childish mind, I concluded the driver was the mother (or father) of all these little girls. So my following questions were: How their family supported them? How many toys they bought? How many food, clothes, soap... DAMN, A LOT OF MONEY... for a lot of noisy and playful children.
I make the same questions when I see modern families with a big number of children because every year the basic things for life are getting more and more expensive than before (back in the day, things were cheaper so the number of childrens was bigger, my mother has 4 brothers and sisters and my father has 6).

And, still in the topic of children, I knew that a married couple have a child (today I know they don't need to get married but maybe the influence of my school gave me the first idea). Now, when they wanted another child... they need to get married again? I thought in the ritual a strange force made womans got pregnant and have kids EXACTLY 9 MONTHS after the phrase "Now you can kiss the bride"... maybe the kiss, maybe the priest (?!?!), maybe the flowers... bleh. The point was: Do you want a kid? Get married. Do you want another? Get married AGAIN. That means clean the dress and the tuxedo, invite people again and bake a wedding cake... mmm... cake :D Now I don't think marriage is a first priority (if I get married, I'll only do the civil ceremony because I don't like religious ones), I'm too young for that... but I'll buy a big cake (like the wedding ones) for me because I love desserts :yummy:

Finally, when I was a little girl, I though the names were unique for everyone: I'm the only one who have the name "Fernanda", my brother is the only one named "Domingo" and all this stuff. One day I watched TV with my family and a woman had sung on a stage... and her name showed up on the screen: She was called "Fernanda" too, and I got mad because she "stole" my name... MY NAME!
When I started school that theory got broken because I had 7 classmates named Constanza, 3 classmates called Francisca, 3 classmates called Consuelo... and 2 classmates called Fernanda so... well, I was wrong, it doesn't need big explanations.


Yes, when someone is little and don't know about some topics, our imagination gave us some crazy answers. The important things are still keeping our curiosity and creativity alive, following the knowledge road and discovering new elements.
Maybe someone starts to losing the amusement hability when gets old and thinks he can't use imagination but, as Friedrich Nietszche said, "The maturity of the man is when he has came back to find the seriousness he played with when he was a boy".

Have a good weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree, we should always keep the kid's curiosity inside us, and the imagination to have crazy answers for everything, that's the best way to stay creative.

    Great post and I loved the Nietszche quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. We have to create and feel curiosity for all our lives, is bored stay without making questions because knowledge is an important thing for our personal growth.

      And Nietszche rocks! :D

      Delete
  2. heh, funny story, curiosity is what drives us to learn and grow, so I'm totally on board for asking questions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asking questions a lot, maybe we can bother someone but, in the end, we'll never get tired of knowledge

      Delete
  3. wow! is right. But so many questions, you must are very tired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't feel tired... maybe someone gets tired of my voice but it's temporary... hehehe

      Delete
  4. Being curious despite the age and your cretivity would never end \o/
    I did the same questions when I was young, and sometimes I never got an answer till I was much older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many things I'll never know, no matter the questions I'll make... but I can still try. Other things explains by itselves xD

      And creativity is a great treasure for all of us, I can't imagine a world without it

      Delete